Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Village Inn on San Jose

I have found another oasis in the great gustatory desert of Jacksonville.

Allow me to introduce you to the Village Inn on San Jose Blvd. not too far from Baymeadows Road.

If you've ever been in New England, you know that diners are everywhere. They were my favorite places to eat in Connecticut. Well, Florida is no rate restaurant capital. Jacksonville is particularly bad. But this place stands out.

Victoria greeted me at the door and waited on me. She was delightful. My usual diner fare in Connecticut was eggs benedict minus the Canadian bacon, corned beef hash, toast and a Coke. It was spectacular. You also get free pie on Wednesdays! I indulged myself with a glorious chocolate truffle pie that was amazing.

Kevin, the general manager, stop by during my meal to see if everything was okay. A delightful guy runs a very tight ship.

I definitely had that, probably on Saturday. Enjoy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment