Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Enza's: A slice of heaven in Jacksonville.

In a previous post, I lamented the disappearance of il Falco restaurant in Connecticut. I admit, there was an ulterior motive behind making that post first. I have found its missing twin! And, it's much closer to home (for me). My new "dining room away from home" is Enza's in Jacksonville, FL. This place is amazing, and it is situated in a veritable restaurant wasteland. I now get to have my weekly veal saltimbocca again, a pleasure absent for far too long.

Despite my ranting and raving, veal is not the only entrée. A quick perusal of the menu reveals a wide, mouth watering selection of meat and fish dishes. Be careful. It's very easy to stuff yourself before the main course arrives. Enza's is extremely generous with its portions. Antipasto, soup and salad choices are all excellent. And, to finish off, desserts, such as the tieramisu, are amazing.

Enza is the General Manager of this family affair. Husband, Chef Mike is, you guessed it, head chef, assisted by chef de quisine, Julio. DaughterStephanie, a truly delightful young lady, is maître d' and wait staff manager. You'll probably run across Phil, longtime family friend, scurrying drinks or food to one of his tables. But like all staff at Enza's, he always has time to say hello. Other family members scurry purposefully about, seeing to every guest's needs.

Enza's has a full service bar next to the dining room. I don't drink much anymore, but an examination of the selections reveals it to be quite extensive and the wine list is impressive. If it is busy (as is often the case), and you are in a hurry, the dining room menu is also available at the bar, and the service is just as gracious.

Now I am hungry! Although I ate there last night, I think I'll make it two in a row. I did promise to take my daughter, Kimberly.

No comments:

Post a Comment