Monday, April 25, 2011

Coss Creek Barbecue & Steakhouse

Did I once say that Jacksonville was a restaurant wasteland? I take it back. Not true. Do not miss Coss Creek Barbecue & Steakhouse at 850 Lane Ave. in Jacksonville. Angie waited on us, in this establishment managed by Gene Eller. What a great experience.


I went with a friend and we started out with superb onion rings and deep fried alligator tail. Alligator tail is a Florida specialty that can be real hit or miss. Sometimes it can be like chewing shoe leather. Not here. It was tender, juicy and delicious. It might be the best alligator I have ever eaten.

For the main course, I had lemon chicken and blackened shrimp while my friend had teriyaki chicken and blackened shrimp. It was mouth wateringly incredible. In fact, Tiff and I were so stuffed that we did not have room for dessert. We will make another trip there just to try the dessert menu.

I would classify this restaurant as mid-priced. The whole bill ran to about $60. About $17 of that was alligator tail and a onion rings. Their appetizers are a little on the pricey side. The entrées were not that expensive.

In all, I would give it 4.5 alligator tails out of a possible 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment