Tuesday, April 5, 2011

RIP: Il Falco.

Il Falco was my favorite restaurant in the whole world. It was kind of like Cheers, where everybody knows your name. I had my own table. When I walked in, the Coca-Cola showed up, everybody got a menu (except me, they already knew what I wanted), and a great time was had by all. The prorietr, Vinnie and his sister, Maria, knew my kids and I quite well. After a while, my son, Chris, even worked there.

Hundreds of business contacts, kids, extended family, two wives and numerous girlfriends all enjoy Il Falco.

Vitello Saltimbocca, insalada caesare, procutto e melone (when in season) and tiramisu with a cappuccino to finish - magnifico.

I went back to Stamford, CT for a visit and to meet up with Chalotte, my Danish friend visiting from her home in Australia. We headed to Il Falco. Alas, it's gone. Kaput. History. Closed. Out of business.

Vinnie, wherever you and Maria are ... we miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment