Monday, April 18, 2011

Steak & Shake and a shaggy dog story

MONDAY, APRIL 18, 2011

You can have your $100 a plate dinners. When I was rich and stupid, I did. It's fun. But now, post-stroke, I am definitely a man on a budget. But I still like to eat. So, question: Where can you eat for under $10? Answer: Steak & Shake.


The first one I ever ate at was with my friend Arnie, in Chicago. I had never been to one. Outstanding burgers. Very good hot dogs -- particularly the chili dog. They serve a need chocolate malt!

There is a great one by I-295 and San Jose. I have gotten to know the staff a little. Ashley is delightful! When she's not around, Britney often waits on me.

I ended up talking to Ashley because I had a humorous "Ashley "story.

My family and I lived outside of Detroit. We owned a dog, a Siberian husky to be exact. We also had brand new next-door neighbors whom I had not met yet. I was out in the yard one day calling our dog... "come here, Ashley," I called several times. You see, our dog was named Ashley. The kids named her, not me.

Anyhow, the new neighbor runs out the back door. "Why do you keep calling my daughter?" He said. I think he thought he had a creepy neighbor. That is, until I explained that I had not yet met his little daughter, but Ashley was my dog! We both had a good laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment