Saturday, April 30, 2011

Pie Rush Wednesday at Jacksonville's Village Inn Restaurant

I previously extolled the virtues of the Village Inn Restaurant, Jacksonville's sole remaining diner.

When I was in there yesterday, Kevin, the manager reminded me about Pie Rush Wednesday. Every Wednesday, from 10 AM to 10 PM a slice of pie from their pie rush menu is free with your meal. But, to get your free slice of their mouthwatering pies, you must eat in their dining room... sorry, no take-out!

Now, I have to explain something. I was in the Village Inn on Easter Sunday. I was absolutely amazed. Victoria, my usual waitress, was fully dedicated to fetching and delivering pies to the hundreds of people who ordered them in advance, and stopped in to pick them up. I want to tell you, the Village Inn is famous in the Jacksonville area for its superb pies.

I also wanted to say hello to Holly, a delightful waitress who took care of me when Victoria was not there. So, hi Holly, and I'll see you guys in a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment